IoT platform is the primary client of MB’s MQTT support. We need a solution for manage MQTT messaging and need a way to display MQTT related details from UI. The purpose is to view the MQTT topics and subscription meta-data like pending message count etc.
From IoTs perspective we need to view above information per device level. Since it also a needful for MB as per  and . We decided to implement MQTT dashboard in the IoT server as a different web app.
As a solution for doing this problem:
- Need to create different andes admin services for MQTT
- MQTT dashboard for IoT devices
As of now, we are planning to display the list of subscriptions with the following details.
- Subscribed node
- Pending message count and display pending messages
- Failed message count
- View running messages
- QoS level
- Retained or not
- Active or not (when subscribers have clean session mode=true, they can be inactive or active.)
- Clean session
- Filtering and search capabilities
I have attached mockups [A],[B],[C] of the dashboard.
[A] MQTT Dashboard
[B] On Pending messages view
[C] On Search subscription view